Tuesday, June 27, 2017

God Has the Character We Can Believe In

My encouragement to you this week is trust the immutable character of God. God has a character we can depend on for all situations in our lives. God is love. God is refuge. God is peace. God is hope. God is comfort. God is forgiveness. God is success. God is just.

It's been quite the while since I have used this platform. I can't say that I will be great at doing this every week but I will make the effort at it. Seemed liked more people liked it than not so I should. Plus it is good for me and my own walk with the Lord. 

As you see, the opening line of the encouragement says trust the IMMUTABLE character of God. What does immutable mean? Immutable means: unchanging over time or unable to be changed. For those of us who believe in God or want to get to know the Lord a bit better, that is one of the best things ever for us. God''s character is immutable. So what is God's character? Lets talk about that. When we think of God, what are some of the things we can attribute to God's character? I list a few. My first one says God is love. In 1 John 4:8, it says, "He who does not love does not know God, for God is love."So it tells us there in the Bible plain as day who God is.  John 3:16, For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." God makes a huge sacrifice for our well-being. God didn't do it for some. God did it for all of us. God did it for those who love God and those that don't which lets us know God loves us without condition. God has blessed the Saints and the Aints. Throughout the Bible and in our own personal lives we have seen God bless us when we are behaving like Saints or an Ain't. But that who God is! I will do a couple more. God is peace. Now, this is quite rhetorical, but how many of us have come across problems? Right, silly question. We all have faced problems and maybe we are facing them now where we are currently. The problems can be in our health, marriage, career, school, etc. God is a place of peace. In Psalms 23: 4, it says, "Even though I walk through the darkest valley,I will fear no evil    for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." David says yes I am going into a dark place but that doesn't matter because I know you are with me. That is part of God's character as well. He is a peaceful place for us to rest our burdens even when we don't know the way or unsure of the outcome. And I will combine it with God is hope. God provides hope for a better tomorrow. God is the hope that we need to have no fear when things don't look that great. When we realize because of God's love we won't fail,we are emboldened to go through the hard times peacefully knowing that God will provide. 

I could go on and on about God's character but it is all the Bible of just how good God is and how God embodies all these characteristics above I list. Spark your relationship today with God. Believe in God's character. In some ways in your life, God has shown you all of these characteristics when you needed to see them. When you try and hide your face from Gd because of shame, guilt, sadness, or anger, God's character is still going to show up for you. You don't have to walk away from God nor should you. It is better to walk with God, even when you're the problem, than to go at it alone. God has these characteristics that will enhance our lives in tremendous ways. God has given us success. We have overcome. Gd has been a refuge when everything is hitting us hard. God has shown us forgiveness when we were so, so wrong. God has given us hope to be a better version tomorrow that what we are today. Be thankful. Trust in those things about God. Be Blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment