Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Speak Life. Speak His Promises to Us.

My encouragement to you this week is be a mouthpiece for God. Speak hope & power into the lives of others & your own. Be a vessel of love and encouragement. Pray for others & yourself with assurance. This part of being who God wants you to be! Speak to those obstacles instead of speaking about them!

Matthew 5:13-16 NIV

"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. "You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."

The part of this I want you to pay attention to is where it says " You are the salt of the earth." Let's think of salt. Any time you put salt on something, it changes it in some way. On snow, it evaporates it. On food, changes, changes the flavor. On a wound, makes it hurt but helps heal it. So salt changes things. What are you changing on this earth? I say be a mouthpiece for God. Are you doing that now? Who are you changing for the glory of God? We have to be models of encouragement and hope. We have to seek a life to inspire those who need inspiration.

We all have to be building each other up on the promises of God. AND we need to be building ourselves up on these same promises! We can't lose our saltiness. We can't afford to do that or we can never accomplish all of the great things God wants us to do. We speak such high hope for the life of others. Are they empty words when we can't do the same for ourselves? I fall into this trap. I fear my life won't shape up to be successful at times like how I envision but will turn around and try and talk another saint up. Faith doesn't work like that. Faith means we believe in the promises of God in all areas possible. For ourselves and for everyone around us. We have to be vessels of love and hope. Love to be there for one another. Hope to believe for the best in the best for one another when circumstance comes. But that love and hope begins within us when our faith is supremely rooted in God.

We must pray for one another with the assurance that God can do great things that will blow our mind away. We have to speak the life in others as we would want to be spoken to ourselves. We have to meet each other with compassion and understanding. Believe for another when the other person finds it difficult to muster hope. God's promises are definite. God's promises are firm. This is how we must be when we are being a mouthpiece of His promises. Affirming God gave us a promise and His word never fails. We speak at the obstacles of our own and those of others trusting that God's word is truth. God's word works. God's word never fails. I am still working on this myself. I have not got this all figured out yet myself but I know my mission for God. I know this is what God asks of me in Hebrews 13:1. I know God will equip me to be the mouthpiece for others as well as myself through our commitments to each other...Be Blessed...

No comments:

Post a Comment